Get The SSD Benefits You Need
After decades of working, the wear and tear on your body take a toll, and physical injuries and pain make it difficult to work and enjoy daily life. What can you do? How will you and your family pay the bills? For many Kentucky residents, this is an all-too-common scenario. If you face a debilitating mental condition or physical injury, you may qualify to receive Social Security Disability benefits.
With each paycheck, Kentucky workers help maintain the SSD system. However, when suffering from a disabling condition, many individuals experience trouble obtaining the benefits they need. The SSD application process is complex, and the majority of first-time applicants are denied the benefits. For more than 40 years, Mark Knight Attorney at Law in Somerset has helped individuals who are struggling with disabling conditions and injuries navigate the SSD application and appeals processes.
Illnesses That Qualify
When determining if an individual qualifies for SSD benefits, the SSA applies strict guidelines. Severe and permanent ailments and disorders included among the SSA’s list of qualifying conditions include:
- Musculoskeletal issues such as back pain and arthritis
- Cardiovascular-related problems such as heart disease, heart failure and a heart transplant
- Respiratory illnesses, including black lung disease, asthma, emphysema and cystic fibrosis
- Special senses problems such as visual disorders, blindness and hearing loss
- Mental illnesses, including depression, schizophrenia and autism
- Blood-related illnesses, including leukemia, HIV/AIDS and lymphoma
- Neurologically-related illnesses, including multiple sclerosis and epilepsy
- Chronic kidney disease
If you are disabled and unable to work, we understand the dire financial situation you face and will fight to obtain the benefits to which you are entitled. We provide effective legal advice and assistance by obtaining medical records from your physician, completing necessary paperwork, meeting crucial deadlines and communicating with the SSA on your behalf.
Securing Benefits Is Crucial
Securing SSD benefits can be a frustrating and lengthy process. A dedicated legal advocate can help you. If you suffer a physical or mental illness and are unable to work, you can turn to Mark Knight Attorney at Law in Somerset, Kentucky. You pay no attorney’s fees in SSD cases unless we win your case. For a free consultation, contact us online or call 606-557-3103.