FAQs About Kentucky Workers’ Compensation
When workers get injured, they worry. How will they provide income for their families? How will they pay for their medical bills? Workers’ compensation benefits can help accomplish this. For more than 40 years, Mark Knight Attorney at Law in Somerset, Kentucky, has helped clients secure the workers’ compensation benefits they need and deserve.
The following are answers to some common questions about Kentucky workers’ compensation issues:
- What are workers’ compensation benefits?
- If injured while working, an employee may seek workers’ compensation benefits, which are available through their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. These benefits cover lost wages and medical expenses.
- What types of benefits are available to Kentucky workers?
- Temporary and permanent disability benefits as well as death benefits.
- How do I know if I am eligible for workers’ compensation?
- To qualify for workers’ compensation benefits, your injury must have occurred while you were at work or performing duties related to your job.
- What types of injuries may qualify me for workers’ compensation?
- In Kentucky, physical injuries, as well as mental injuries resulting from those physical injuries, qualify you for workers’ compensation. Kentucky coal miners who suffer occupational diseases such as pneumoconiosis or black lung disease are offered special benefits to replace income and occupational retraining.
- How much money can I expect from workers’ compensation?
- In Kentucky, workers’ compensation benefit amounts are calculated using a formula that takes into account your preinjury income and the type of injury you suffered.
- What can I do if my workers’ compensation claim is denied?
- With the help of an attorney, you can file an appeal. But you must file an appeal within 30 days of the initial decision.
- Why do I need a lawyer to secure a workers’ compensation claim?
- The entire process is complicated and can be overwhelming. A seasoned workers’ compensation attorney can help you file your initial claim, file for benefit extensions and, if your claim is denied, represent you in the appeals process.
Get Answers- Call Us Now
Understanding workers’ compensation can be complicated. A skilled and compassionate attorney can provide the answers you need. Mark Knight Attorney at Law in Somerset, Kentucky, has practiced law for more than 40 years. He is ready to help you. Remember, in workers’ compensation cases, you pay no attorney’s fees unless Mr. Knight wins your case. For a free consultation, use the online contact form or call 606-557-3103.